Thursday, 10 October 2013

Hello October

21 days left, here's what they are shaping up to hold:

Partying again this weekend.  Two family birthday catch ups in as many weekends makes me happy.

Stalking the aisles at the shops as they set up Christmas.  Most are done, but today Kmart had conveniently blocked the aisles off as they set up, to avoid the crazies like me getting in their way!  Good decision Kmart!

Organising, ever so slightly.  Enjoying the benefits that planning ahead and being prepared bring.  Loved the lack there of during the cooler months, but it's time to get back to a normal that I'm finding is Spring and Summer.

Considering all kinds of Christmas giving.  Lists, ideas, plans, wishes.  Now is the time.

Delighting over the small simple gift of young friends and opportunities to play and just be.

Treading water with the home stuff.  It's a step up from sinking.  Everything is a mess and I'm getting to it gradually.  I'm OK with gradual as I plan my days to balance out the stuff and fun of life.

Reconnecting with a few old friends and finding that now is my time to bring back a little more me.  Learning from those that inspire me most and excited about tiny steps towards where I want to be.  Focusing a little differently this month.

Signing the kids up for a bunch of activities this term.  Most are continuations but one for Brian is new and exciting.  Noting that next term might be time to change Simon for a short while to keep it super fun.

Sunscreening liberally but getting out and enjoying the seasonal change.

No comments:

Post a Comment