Monday, 15 July 2013

Oven Baked Banana Fritters

Sharing a new found, bound to be made again and again recipe with you today.  These banana fritters are super easy, oven baked and the kids loved them.  You can see I'm certainly no food photographer, and if you have a tip to remove cutlery marks from crockery then please email me!

Oven Baked Banana Fritters
Serves 6
Recipe from Wendys Kitchen at Food.com

Ingredients
1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs (I do mine in bulk and freeze them)
½ cup desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons raw sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 bananas, peeled
1 egg white, beaten
Vegetable oil cooking spray (I used olive oil)
Ice cream, for serving

Method
1.  Preheat oven to 180ºC.  Line baking tray with baking paper.
2.  Combine breadcrumbs, coconut, sugar and cinnamon.
3.  Brush bananas with egg white and coat with crumb mixture.
4.  Place on baking tray and spray with oil.
5.  Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until golden.  Serve with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment