Monday, 7 January 2013

Movies

Sometimes I just love how things turn out.  On Saturday night Kevin changed the tv channel and said "I'm not sure if you have ever seen this, but I loved Short Circuit as a child".  I did too, we had it on VHS along with Mary Poppins, Money Pit and Funny Farm.  And thus began our awesome unplanned movie night, just what we needed.  No DVDs or Blu-Ray, all tv viewing (one of the stations is having a bit of an 80's movie fest).  He might kill me for putting this on here, but Kevin admitted that his favourite line was when Number 5 said "Hey laser lips, your Mama was a snow blower" and better still he thinks he used that on a few people.  Ha!
Short Circuit Poster
Source
Although it was really time to go to bed (especially for a Mumma who's children get up at 5am) we watched the next movie, Planes, Trains and Automobiles.  John Candy and Steve Martin.  We couldn't resist and we never did get around to our John Candy themed movies nights way back when we were having those.  It was an awesome night and a good reminder that fun and laughs don't cost a thing.

I've found my movie wishlist growing of late, so what better time to document it:

Hitchcock - Planning on seeing this one at the movies.  Film was my life at high school, uni and afterwards for a long time (although it seems long ago) and when I saw this advertised I can't not go.  In high school we studied Psycho and had to document every shot in the shower scene, it was a long arduous process with somewhere over 50 shots.  I'm pretty sure I still have my workbook in the garage.

And to own:

Funny Farm - As mentioned earlier we had it as kids.  I picked it up on Blu-Ray today (check).  Blu-Ray, who would have thought!

Super Nanny (any season) - I'd love to get this on DVD.  As a stay at home Mum I often find this is like going to school for me.  Watching an episode of this does wonders for my 'work'.  And I'm finding that I need shows that are 1 hour long.  I can't stay up late (kids up at 5am as I said earlier) and sometimes when the kids take a nap I need to watch something to rest and I want it to be something for me.

MacGyver - I want the box set.  I love this show so much more than I did when I was younger.  I appreciate his values and talent and love the retro-ness!

The Hobbit (all 3 of them) - Kevin and I have decided that it's better to wait and buy instead of going to the movies.  The cost and the fact that we much prefer to watch things at home are our reasons.  No people chatting, no paper crinkling, no getting there 30 minutes early to get a good seat, no need for babysitting.  We are spoiled at home and we like that.

Cars 2 - Brian has the first one and has never sat down and watched the whole thing.  It's too long for him.  But I've pieced it together (watching bits here and there) and I love it.  I'm pretty keen to see the next one.


Old and classics.  That's my taste.

2 comments:

  1. Johnny Five: Los locos kick your ass. Los locos kick your face. Los locos kick your balls INTO OUTER SPACE!
    Ben Jarhvi: [angrily] Number Johnny Five!
    Johnny Five: Uh-oh!
    Ben Jarhvi: Come on! I will clean you up. If you had a mouth, I would wash it out with soap!

    Hehe - Kevin & I used to watch that movie all the time!! So fun.
    xxoo
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love MacGyver and I enjoyed Planes,Trains and Automobiles too, years ago :) Kate

    ReplyDelete