Today I'm participating in a challenge issued by Ali Edwards to continue documenting my/our story.
Smiling at quiet times throughout the day as I recall the stories behind the recent engagement of my brother Shane and my future sister-in-law Natalie. Shane had the perfect plan, the ideal location and he was pretty nervous. Nerves got the better of him as he accidentally drove past the lookout he intended to propose at, meaning he had to save it for later in the day, after lunch. When they finally made it to a lookout he was juggling Sammy and the pockets of his cargo pants to find the ring. He got the box out, hopped down on one knee, Nat burst into tears and Sammy (nearly 1) grabbed the ring box and waved it over the edge - I did say they were at a lookout. Needless to say, she said yes and it's a wonderful story of nervous little hiccups that make us all want to cry happy tears.
Struggling with the kids. Wishing I was doing better at looking at things from a third person point of view. I know the struggles I'm having are caused by me. Trying to remember to fight only the important battles. Remembering that I need to have fun too. Acknowledging that a change in routines requires other adjustments too. Trying my best to find that strong firm voice again, it's a little mixed up with the 'they are so cute and funny' voice right now.
Worrying about seeing people I love struggling. Accepting that leaving Winter behind doesn't always mean we break away from the colder times.
Mourning the loss of my camera. Admitting I'm an old granny when it comes to technology. Trying to comprehend that a phone camera might be better than the camera that has been my buddy for over 4 years. Trusting Kevin to make the right decision when it finally comes time to purchase a replacement. I always trust him with these things but I'm finding it more difficult this time. My camera is everything to me.
Anticipating an 'out of our comfort zone' family event on the weekend. We are excited, Brian is excited. It's both an adventure and a challenge and I know we are going to have a blast.
Admitting that I/we have over done it on the treats recently. Starbucks Salted Caramel Frappuccino and a copycat recipe, twice. A satisfied craving for cheese and onion chips. Frozen Butterbeer copycat recipe. Finding the strength to give it up and go back to our new normal.
Learning that I'm a morning person even though I knew I wasn't a night person. Accepting the need to rejig a few things to get more hours in my morning because my wish for an extra few hours between 6am and 7am isn't ever going to come true.
Loving that blogging, writing, recording, documenting and memory keeping are so important for me and for my soul. Committing to making it happen.

You have a way with words Brooke, you really know how to express all of those thoughts and feelings and break down what has been happening in your world. I think I need to do that more often to get a better perspective on life around here, more so for me so I can find more direction. I wish I was a morning person too, although I love the morning I don't go to bed early enough though:) What a sweet story about your brother, congratulations to them both:) x
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing. I love to see what other like-minded folks are doing day in and day out. Bless you for saying out loud you're struggling with your kids. I too struggle and there are lots of days I feel bad for even admitting it. But that's life, right? It ebbs and flows. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's not.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about your camera! I am very attached to mine as well.
ReplyDeleteThe engagement story is so wonderful.
Ugh! So sorry about the camera! Love the engagement story. :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat post, Brooke! I enjoyed reading this xxoo Kate
ReplyDelete