Saturday, 22 September 2012

As Brian Would Say, Last But Not Least

  • Oh how I despise photos of myself.  I'm working on getting over that.  I need to be present in Project Life and on the blog as it's all about recording for my family and I'm one of the crazy bunch.  The camera does not lie, photoshop does.  The above was taken right before my Pop's funeral, hence the lack of smile.
  • I'm loving how changing and adapting and realising what needs to change is all a part of life.  I'm embracing it all and in changing I'm knowing that it's an ongoing, never-ending, empowering process.
  • Kevin has asked me to work on our grocery budget.  We have been on the same amount since Brian was Simon's age and I fear giving us more to spend each month takes away from the mortgage.  I fear that the new amount we require will make us cry.  I also fear the rising insane cost of groceries in general.
  • I've been doing my best lately to catch up on Project Life.  It's the one thing I really wanted to do this year, both for myself and for the sake of keeping my family's memories.  Thankfully although I'm terribly behind I've set myself up for success when it comes to remembering.
  • Food wise I'm trying to move our routines forward.  The fruit and vegetable section of our grocery list is now consistently the longest.  We are buying less and less "not good for us" foods and the bad stuff is limited (usually) to one chocolatey treat for Kevin and I each week.  I still need to work on this because every now and then I feel the need to eat a bunch of junk.  I always regret it and feel physically horrible afterwards.  I'm learning, I hope.  I fear cooking fresh fish and am shortly going to step out of my comfort zone and just do it.
  • I'm loving family.  The bonds, the relationships, the fun of it all, even through our differences.  The other week we had a bunch of visitors and after lunch we sat and hit a beach ball around the living room for ages.  It was awesome fun and the faces of each family member just as they were about to hit the ball was priceless.  It was a reminder of how thankful I am that our furniture and decorations are minimal and we have lots of space to reconfigure everything just for the day.
  • We are finally breaking away from the illnesses that have frequented us all winter.  Still remaining is my blocked ear which the Doctor said should be gone.  It might need further investigation or maybe it's just been so long since I had normal hearing that I've forgotten what it's like.
  • Brian and I have been talking lately about how I will be his Mummy no matter what happens, forever.  I think it sums up everything right now.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's a nice photo of you Brooke, I too find it hard to put photos up of myself but when I look in the mirror I'm ok with what I see, a little older but hopefully wiser;) It's such a great change you've been making and it feels good to eat healthy, we rarely eat out and if we do it's usually not a fast food place the food often makes me feel ill and just blah afterwards. It sounds like life is good, that you are a really present, it's great to hear how positive you are, it really shows in your relationships. I hope your ear is ok too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look great, Brook! Love reading your stories. I think it's time for me to update mine... <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photo! I agree with, Fel! You look great! You are such a great writer, Brooke! I look forward to reading what you have to say because you speak from the heart! xxoo Kate

    ReplyDelete