- A white wash twice a week, could really be every second day sometimes.
- Not leaving the house without two white towels (what we call our burp cloths), two bibs and a change of clothes - for Simon. Although quite often a change for myself would also be advisable.
- Different degrees of bibs. Feeding only (the crappy ones), day wear (the semi ok ones), out of the house fancy wear (the nice ones that aren't nice for long) and car only (it's only clean for the first 5 seconds after strapping him in).
- For a while, a bath seconds before leaving the house.
- Refusing to let others share their "unwipeable" toys with us.
- For a while, holding Simon differently when walking. Almost a seated position next to my torso. To avoid spills on myself.
- Maybe a couple of times a year cuddle in our bed. It always ends poorly.
- No playing in the bath with your brother. We've tried, trust me. It's wash you and out as quick as possible.
- Only immediate family members are allowed to see the carpet in your room. When you are old enough we will get them professionally cleaned and we are crossing our fingers that will be enough to restore them.
- A daily floor mop isn't enough to keep the floors as clean as they should be kept. (Ah no, I don't mop daily, sorry).
- I have never spoken a word to anyone about exactly what I need to do to ensure the play mat is clean.
- Babysitters (hi Nanny) arrive in anything but their Sunday best.
- I think Nanny does a big towel wash every time we leave. She also had to sew a cover for the yoga mat (aka your play mat at her house).
- I have been completely covered by accidental spills in public (around people I know) and had to wipe myself and continue on in clothes that I'm happy smell less to me than others.
- I have never seen the real colour of my Ikea chair. It's always covered in a "just in case" blanket.
- Age makes it worse, before (at least I hope) it gets better.
- Sometimes clothes don't make it over your head before they need to be changed.
Most of all everyone still loves you, even when your Mumma dresses you like this:

Is it reflux or just general spit-ups? Cute picture! xxo Kate
ReplyDeleteSimon is so cute Brooke:) I had a happy chucker, Miss 12. You would feed her sit her up for a while afterwards so everything was settled but as soon as she was back on her belly, I'm sure most of it came back up. We had lots of old nappies as our burp clothes, nothing pretty or fancy and easy to just throw into the wash again for the next chuck. I'm glad he's a happy little one but it sounds like lots of work for you but mastered it well:)
ReplyDelete