Tuesday, 24 July 2012

The Show

I haven't been to the Ekka (Brisbane Show) for over 10 years.  But this year something is making me want to spend a day out in the sun with the crowds checking out animals, showbags and games with my kids.  Maybe it's craziness, maybe it's the want for some fun and to watch Brian's face as he tries a few new things.  

Last night I looked into attending the Boonah Show, thinking smaller is better for younger kids.  Brian and I went with my parents in 2010 and I loved that we could see everything.  I also got a kick out of the creations of some of the local children.  Pictured above is the prize winner from the Junior section - Arrangement using vegetables.  Love the pumpkin seed teeth.  Sadly, that's a May show and we have missed it.

Maybe, just maybe there is a little welcomed chaos in our future.

2 comments:

  1. Chaos and mayhem can be fun and exciting and help you appreciate the day to day routine of LIFE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Brookfield Show is always on in mid May and so is the Ipswich Show. The smaller shows are much easier to navigate. Kate

    ReplyDelete