Friday, 4 May 2012

I Think We Have Turned A Corner

Brian declared today "Play with Simon day".  It's kind of cool that I'm not the one he wants to play with today. I've been working on (since Simon's birth really) building the relationship between the two boys.  I never wanted Brian to resent his brother for being the second one born.  Thankfully there hasn't been any bitterness between the two, but a lot of the time Brian doesn't want Simon touching him or getting in his way.  He does enjoy it when the three of us play together.  And Simon has LOVED his big brother since before they met in the hospital.  In fact, the other day I was carrying Simon down the hall to his room when he all of a sudden jolted sideways laughing, trying to get a look at his brother.  I nearly had a heart attack because I very nearly dropped him onto the tile floor!  Brian can get Simon to do anything, especially when we can't.  Oh the power! 

Now that Simon is older we are able to do more things together.  Eat together and play together more.  Last night they both had scrambled eggs and toast (a big hit with Brian).  It's been awesome watching them crawling around on the floor together today.  Brian sharing his toys openly "let's play with Thomas" and listening to the giggles from Simon.

The pic is from last month.  Brian loves after Kindy activities and this day I decided on one that both boys could do.      

2 comments:

  1. My two girls have begun interacting more recently too and it's so lovely to watch. This morning they both played Megablocks - Grace building a tower, Sophie watching alongside chewing on the blocks :) I can't wait for the days when they can play together properly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post, how sweet they are. I bet they will be best buddies in no time and will continue to be so. They are lucky to have one another. As Simon gets older and can do more the better it will get!!

    ReplyDelete