Saturday, 31 March 2012

Excitement

This weekend we will be catching up with the people in this photo, namely my Nan and Uncle.  I wanted to blog my feelings, pre-event, because you know you have to journal in the moment, right?!  We are all excited.  Brian has been talking about it all week.  But I'm particularly excited.  I'm not quite sure if it's because I get the chance to show off my children to my Nan, or that I get to watch her enjoy her Great Grandchildren, all three of them.  I can only imagine how awesome that would be.  And then there is another part of me that is excited that she has made the decision to stay with my parents, something she hasn't done in a while.  What makes me most happy about that decision is that Nan is putting herself first, something Mums rarely do.  I'm excited that it also means I will be able to catch up with her a few times during her visit.  Hoping to do some chatting, watching the kids play and crossing my fingers for a girls lunch out.  Definitely excited.  

4 comments:

  1. I think it's so special for great grandparents to be able to see their great grandchildren and that you proudly show of your two lovely little boys to her. I hope you get to catch up some more while she is visiting, I think some time for just the girls sounds really nice. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy your time with your Nan! That is pretty special, not many kids are lucky enough to meet their Great-Grandparents! xxoo Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet this is, love what you wrote and how your feeling.Some days I can't wait to be a grandma, just he joy it must be to have one and start another generation. Hope your having fun and YES to a girls time out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Chook, but we are well overdue an update please.....

    ReplyDelete