I might be cheating with a photo that is almost a year old but I'm happy to finally be bringing you a post - I've really missed it!
The awesome sleep that followed my arrival home with Simon has returned, thank goodness. It's the kind of sleep that as soon as your head hits the pillow you are out for the count. You have crazy dreams and your sleep is so deep that you are not sure if your son's tummy pains have eased or you just slept through his cries.
We have just returned from a week away visiting my Grandparents and introducing them to Simon. My little man had his first flight at only 5 weeks! No, we weren't crazy enough to plan that. The opportunity arose for Kevin to attend a uni conference in Melbourne, so we made the most of it and took the whole family. Not an easy feat when it also involves a major road trip to rural Victoria in a short space of time. The toughest leg of the journey came when, on the second last night Simon was awake all night with tummy pains. It continued on the next night and needless to say I was happy to be leaving my Nan's house. Trying to console Simon while knowing he was waking everyone up was not an easy time. 1 hour sleep two nights in a row for me, until Kevin took over at 5:30am on the second morning to give me a couple of hours break.
So you can understand why you will find me sleeping every chance I get. Making up for lost time and preparing myself for Kevin's return to work next week. Sleep might not be as easy to come by.

I hope that you had a nice time catching up despite your poor little boy being unsettled. It's awful when babies aren't well and it makes things even that bit harder when you are away from home. Enjoy your rest, I hope you gets lots of it and maybe a tiny bit of crafting in somewhere along the way. Take care it was lovely to hear from you, I had been wondering how you were. xo
ReplyDelete