Wednesday, 27 July 2011

HungryBubbee Breastfeeding Covers & Burp Cloths

Today I'm super excited to introduce you to my friend Kirsten and her new venture, HungryBubbee.  When I found out that I was going to receive a breastfeeding/nursing cover as a gift for Simon's birth I had to ask whether Kirsten could read my mind.  We were only a couple of weeks away from setting off to Melbourne and rural Victoria to visit my Grandparents.  I agreed to the trip only a couple of weeks after Simon was born and truth be told I was petrified about exactly how we would manage this.  How on Earth was I going to express on our travelling days (3 hour flight, followed by 3 hour car drive when I was expressing at least every 4 hours)?


She said she couldn't read my mind, but Kirsten I'm not so sure.  As it turns out this was the perfect gift at the perfect time.  The nursing cover measures 90cm in length, and 70cm in width and is just the right size without being too big.  I spent time expressing under there in the QANTAS lounge, driving (as a passenger) between Melbourne and Ballarat (and back again) and at my Nan & Uncle's house and I never once felt uncomfortable or as if I was exposed.


The neck strap is adjustable to suit you and your specific use as this nursing cover doubles as a pram shade, blanket (for baby, or expressing/breast feeding Mums in the midst of a Melbourne winter - I can vouch for that one!) or emergency change mat cover.  And it's machine washable - hallelujah!   Cost for the nursing cover is $35 with free Aussie shipping.  They make a great gift for a loved one or yourself.  And they come packaged up so beautifully and professionally that it not only is the best gift, but looks the part too.


Kirsten's range also includes burp cloths and although I don't have one of these I do want one.  When I was pregnant I saw one of Kirsten's handmade burp cloths that she was using for her own daughter and was so jealous that she had a cute looking burp cloth, and lets be honest, that she can sew!  So when I heard she was adding these cloths to her collection I was kind of excited.  My little man Simon is a BIG vomit box, so for us the bigger the better!  I would keep our toweling nappies to use as regular burp cloths and keep these special ones for going out and as a clean cloth to hand to anyone game enough to hold our son as I wouldn't feel comfortable handing them the cloth we used when feeding him - eww.  The burp cloths are backed with Bamboo Organic Terry Toweling which is super absorbent and doesn't hold any odour.  They come as a pack containing 2 for $10 and are available in a range of patterns.

Here's all the info you need to find Kirsten and her lovely creations.  New designs and patterns are always available and changing weekly.  And I'm sure if you had something else in mind she would love the challenge, just ask.


2 comments:

  1. These sound like such a great idea and look nice and comfortable. I used to just use a blanket to cover up but these are much better and won't fly away with the wind either. I hope you are all well. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like a good idea, I like the ones with the owls embroidered on them :-)

    ReplyDelete