Monday, 23 May 2011

Bye Bye Baby Room

I'm pretty proud to say that we are go on the photo front.  Kevin spent a good while last night downloading photos as far back as last September!  I still can't download new photos myself (on the Mac) but it really feels like Christmas with all of these photos now at my disposal.

I wanted to start with our biggest deal lately - Brian's Big Boy Room transition.  Look how much he's grown:

This is Brian's first cot experience on 4th July 2008

And his last 13th May 2011 - complete with fake sleeping just for the camera!

Later this week I'll share photos of Brian's new room - officially named "Brian's Big Boy Room".  We talked up the transition for months, making each step of the journey a huge big exciting experience.  Brian was with us as we looked at beds, mattresses and bedding.  We really involved him in the experience - so much so that if he sees a bed now (including the pretty ones in David Jones) he takes his shoes off and wants to test it out!  In the end I really was so excited for Brian that I think he carried this vibe on.  That's not to say I didn't have to try and hold back a little sadness as we closed the door on his old room.   A week later (and if feels like much longer) he still says "My Big Boy Room" and clasps his hand over his mouth in excitement.

1 comment:

  1. It's sad when they move from their cot to the big bed, knowing that they are growing up but you'll have a new little one there soon which is so exciting.:) It sounds like Brian loves his new bed which is really good, it makes it easier for you too moving him into a big bed. Have a wonderful week. xo

    ReplyDelete