| Source: The Biggest Loser |
![]() |
| Source: The Biggest Loser |
Lara at her starting weight of 107.1 kg
Right now I'm the heaviest I've ever been, and that's probably fairly harsh seeing as I'm 29 weeks pregnant. But truth be told, before this pregnancy I was also the heaviest I've been. I wanted to document how much of an inspiration Lara has been so that after the baby is born I can set about looking after myself and getting back to a happy healthy weight.
![]() |
| Source: The Biggest Loser |
Lara at her elimination weight of 69.7 kg
I totally admired Lara's commitment. She set out to achieve a goal and gave her absolute all, all of the time to get there. There were no complaints and no excuses. I also loved to see how her relationship with Leigh blossomed over competitiveness. I'd have to say a big part of the Westren success has also come from their trainer Shannon. He's been there for them 100% of the time, getting into their heads when it's needed and maintaining motivation with goals and varied exercises. All attributes I know I'll have to find in the exercising options I choose for myself.
And on food. Everyone in the house noticed how horrible their bodies felt after going back to bad foods they had been absent from for a period of time. I've noticed that lately too. And I'd like to remember that feeling. Fueling your body with comfort foods because you think it will make you feel good, doesn't make you feel that way at all.


Brooke,
ReplyDeleteI know how much you enjoyed the show and I know having motivation, can be key to success. Keep your focus , even while pregnant, good changes stay. It is so true, when I pig out I call it, on bad choices, it really makes me feel awful. Right now I am at my lowest weight in 38 years and the feeling is worth every bit of good food choices, reasonable wine intake, and staying active. I know after the baby, you will need to take care of Brooke too. I will be there watching you...lol... Love Marilyn
Thanks Marilyn. The Mum from the Westrens reminds me of you. She's really full of life, a little bit crazy sometimes and really making positive life changes.
ReplyDeleteDitto, ditto, ditto! Got me some weight to lose after bub is born! Wish biggest loser would be on then . . . .
ReplyDelete