Friday, 1 April 2011

Tough Week

It's been a tough week and I'm completely exhausted.  Unfortunately my week has ended with even more issues, like the biggest wee in the world all over the couch (thank God for leather) and a supplier that won't return all of our money after incorrectly charging our credit card.

I find weeks get tougher in our house when Kevin's uni catches up with him and/or it's assignment time.  It usually means not much of a weekend and so it leaves all of us heading into the next week not feeling refreshed.  I've come to discover that weekends are a true treasure.

There has been a couple of little Brian moments that I wanted to share, because in a week that's been a little too crazy there is always something you'd like to cherish:

  • painting an Easter Egg picture with water colours, just Brian and I together while nothing else mattered
  • being forced to eat a jam sandwich because Brian thought it was super special that Mummy would eat the same thing as he was
  • Brian eating said sandwich in world record time and insisting he gives me a kiss and a cuddle before we sing our nap time song
  • the little giggles when we changed "Hey Di Ho" (the elephant is so slow) to "Hey Di Hoses"
  • showing Daddy the "Chocolate Carols" (Crackles) he made, and eating one together
  • the story that went along with the block building
  • pretend calling Daddy on the phone to tell him "Mummy's blood test was good" (I passed the Glucose test)

3 comments:

  1. Brooke, am glad you could find time to share your fun moments. Sometimes, it helps to stay positive! I am sure next week will be more fun for you:)

    The kids made a Pizza this week, check out the recipee @ http://blog.memetales.com/2011/03/yummy-pizza-by-kids/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Chook,

    I know you have 2 toilets, so there is no excuse for you to be weeing on the couch!
    :) K and D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please you passed your GTT. The easter egg painting sounds fun! :)

    ReplyDelete