Monday, 4 April 2011
Gym
In a couple of weeks time we will say goodbye to our (Brian's) gym. I can't for the life of me remember exactly how many terms we have been there, fairly sure it's 3. During that time Brian has come a pretty long way. He's much more into climbing, can finally jump, really loves singing and dancing, is overcoming his fear of the dinosaur and is usually first in line for his end of lesson stamps (in 5 places - two feet, one tummy, two hands!). Not to mention we now know a bunch more songs like Hot Potato, We're Going To Majorca and Rock-A-Bye Your Bear.
Gym is something I'd love for him to continue but we are leaving for two reasons. One, Brian is too comfortable there now. So much so that he only plays with the things he likes. I don't feel he's stepping out of his comfort zone anymore. And two, the major reason, is that with the baby coming we aren't going to be able to make it to every lesson (you pay by the term). It's time for me to ease off on somethings and make life more manageable.
The initial plan was to start swim lessons in Term 2 this year, but reality has set it - how exactly will I manage that being heavily pregnant and then when the baby comes along? Brian and I in the water, the baby by the pool - no thanks! I think our best option is some pay by the week activities. Hopefully the variety and new people will encourage Brian out of his shell a little more. We did make a trip to another PCYC a couple of weeks back and I was surprised how well Brian adjusted and he had an absolute blast! With both these gym classes and others like it I always come away with wonderful ideas for us to continue at home, so I look forward to that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment