Brian's first chocolate freckle from this day.
The rest of our week looked a little like this:
- Spent almost a whole day deleting files off the Mac so I could download some photos and finally bring you something new. Turns out it's a little more complicated than that - it's a job for my technician (darling hubby, Kevin).
- Have been husband-less since Tuesday. Kevin returns tomorrow morning and we can't wait. Brian and I are both feeling like puppy dogs waiting at the door for his return! Yesterday Brian declared "I'm going to wait for Daddy" and proceeded to unlock the front door all by himself. A little taller and we'll need a new lock on there!
- Just found out that my Japanese friend, Hiromi and her family are safe. I didn't have a current email address and had to rely on snail mail. It arrived there much faster than I expected. I can't tell you how relieved I am. We pretty much consider Hiromi and her family as part of ours. Even my Nan called to see if she was ok!
- Really loving having a toddler as my sidekick, but could totally do without the new found tantrums.
- Not that you wanted to know (but it MUST be documented), yesterday Brian demanded he would take off his shorts and nappy all by himself. And would climb onto the toilet (with no step-stool) also by himself. His "climbing technique" is hilarious and kinda scary for a Mummy but he did it perfectly while I sat on the chair we now keep outside the toilet (as we spend so much time there).
- Glucose screening test for the pregnancy today. 3 hours in a waiting room with Brian (the test is 2 hours long). Thank goodness he is well behaved. He did perfectly until the last 30 minutes. For me, 3 days of carb loading, 3 needles and one horrible drink that makes me never want sugar or potatoes again! Results Wednesday.
- Brian is a hoot during the dance session at gym. Totally embarrassing, and totally cute all at the same time. They have been singing "We're Going To Majorca" while shaking maracas and freezing in certain spots. Brian says "freeze" louder than the teacher and has the cutest little freeze/jazz hands as he says it.
- Brian has asked me a few times this week to play "Hide & Seek". He's much better at it than he used to be. Brian's always the one to count and I have to hide, although sometimes he gets a little confused and hides while he's counting. Lucky for him he counts so fast that he gets a glimpse of where I'm hiding before he's done. He absolutely has a blast playing this game.

It sounds like such a busy week I bet you were glad to see your hubby on the weekend. I hope everything is going well with your pregnancy. Cute photo of Brian with his chocolately face:) xo
ReplyDelete