Monday, 6 December 2010

I Need Your Pizza Help

I like to make meals for my family from scratch, at least I like the idea of it. Lately I've been putting a little too much pressure on always having nice healthy homemade meals. This has caused me to buy a few pre-prepared sauce bases (something we gave up a long time ago) to give myself some time off! But that's another story.

Spurred on by the fact that my entire family can be seen guzzling alarming amounts of water after we have a homemade pizza I've felt the need to ditch the store bought sauce and pizza bases. A couple of weeks ago I had a craving for fresh pasta and a freshly made tomato sauce to go with it. Enter my favourite recipe site (taste.com.au) and I had myself a cheap and easy recipe. I froze the left over sauce in an ice cube container and have been using it as a pizza sauce. Perfect solution.

But now what to do about the bases? Here's where I need your help. Do you have any recipes for an easy homemade pizza base that I can make ahead of time and freeze? For me pizza is a quick easy meal I pull together for the family when I've been out all day, so the thought of making the base from scratch on that same night is a little daunting. I'd really love your help, so please hook me up with your recipes and ideas.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chook,

    For a healthy alternative my whole family loves is using pocket bread instead of a dough pizza base!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learnt that you could use Chinese dumpling wrappers as a pizza base.

    It was from a Japanese TV show.
    "How to make a healthy, yummy + low cost pizza..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pizza looks very yummy.Homemade is so much nicer but it takes a little more time, worth it though. I haven't tried making the dough and then freezing it but your first comment sounds like a good idea, using pocket bread or any round bread would work.

    ReplyDelete