I think Kevin and I are both feeling that this season is coming and going much too fast. We already intend to keep the tree up into January and Kevin is hoping for a little time off. I was asked my age the other day. "Almost thirty", I said. Then I looked at my watch and said "oh, that would be 30 on Sunday". We have (at least I have) no plans. I'd be happy to postpone it til January. Although a sneaky hubby made a trip to the Post Office this morning to pick up a parcel that was delivered yesterday. Thankfully I wasn't here at the time. It was funny to listen to Kevin and Brian open it up and inspect it. The conversation went a little like this:
Kevin: Can you keep a secret Brian?
Brian: Owhh
Kevin: What's inside? Shhh.
Brian: Owhhh...a box!
Brian is fantastic with logos, so luckily for Kevin he obviously doesn't know this particular one!
Speaking of logos (and people, because they are similar), Brian knows Oprah. Not personally, but he can spot her anywhere. Including the tiniest picture on the front of a magazine at the Doctor's surgery. And his latest phrase he loves to yell out to everyone "abc.net.au/abc". That phrase continues over and over again until you shove a sock in his mouth!
In other news, I hurt my back (again) on Monday. It's surely teaching me not to under value the simple things, like good health. As they say, when you lose something you realise how much you use it everyday!
Watching Brian enjoy everything Christmas is so much fun. This kid asks to see the Christmas lights, even during the daytime. He runs up to every Christmas tree and says "Wow, look at that". He thinks that EVERY Santa, sitting in EVERY store is there solely to talk to him. He talks to Santa like they are long lost best friends.
In "other Brian things, not related to Christmas", he has started directing me when we are driving. "That way Mummy", can be heard from the back seat. He does know the right direction and he does point the right way but it's not good for my concentration!
Here's a little more of what we've been up to since the last time (ages ago) that I blogged:
- 6th December - Last Playgroup of 2010, first face painting and a visit to a play centre.
- 7th December - Working on DD.
- 8th December - A bit of shopping and fish watching.
- 9th December - Last gym class for 2010.
- 10th December - 10pm is a late night out for me. Yummy dinner though.
- 11th December - I think there was a whole lot of 70's/80's tv watching while Daddy was at uni. Brian knows who the Knight Rider is.
- 12th December - Hooray for parent's. Hooray for parent's that cook you real food, make that real good food.
- 13th December - Santa may have visited Toys R Us to pick up a trike. A little boy sweet talked the real Santa and scored himself a stocking.
- 14th December - tree went up. We found it was much more peaceful (like it should be) when "the wife" isn't involved. "The wife" watched on from her sick bed.
- 15th December - both the baby and the Mummy needed an afternoon nap.
- 16th December - a few more presents finalised. That's a good feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment