
I always find the hunt for Kevin's present difficult. This year he knows what he wants, and to be honest it's so technical that I'd be terrified to order it myself. But there is no fun in letting Kevin get his own gift. No anticipation, no wonder, no element of surprise.
I felt exactly this way about this time last year. Christmas fast approaching and absolutely no fantastic ideas. Then I stumbled across THE PERFECT GIFT at, of all places, the grocery store. The price, a mere $3.50 (plus or minus a few cents). I'm pretty sure the heavens opened up and shined a wonderful light on that supermarket shelf as I glanced at it that day.
And the gift (please know I spared you the shot where I'm pretty sure Kevin was in heaven when he saw what was in the box, and the next one where he looked at me like some crazy man asking exactly how I pulled this off):
I felt exactly this way about this time last year. Christmas fast approaching and absolutely no fantastic ideas. Then I stumbled across THE PERFECT GIFT at, of all places, the grocery store. The price, a mere $3.50 (plus or minus a few cents). I'm pretty sure the heavens opened up and shined a wonderful light on that supermarket shelf as I glanced at it that day.
And the gift (please know I spared you the shot where I'm pretty sure Kevin was in heaven when he saw what was in the box, and the next one where he looked at me like some crazy man asking exactly how I pulled this off):
Lowensenf mustard. Right straight out of Kevin's childhood growing up in Germany. He had been searching for this stuff for years, in all kinds of countries. It was the perfect gift, and the perfect surprise.So, Present Gods, please know that I need to get groceries tomorrow morning. I'd appreciate it if you shone that magical light my way, please!
Who do you find it hard to buy for? Do you have any fabulous ideas?
Thanks Dad! You're not exactly that easy yourself. I'm pretty sure that car you asked for would cost as much as our house!
ReplyDelete