Wednesday, 10 November 2010

"Present Daddy"

I wrote this post in mid October and finally have the pictures to share it with you:

We were at the shopping centre this week (13/10) and Brian said to me "present Daddy". I was pretty touched by the fact that he was thinking of his Daddy and that he wanted to get him something special. I told Brian we would make Daddy a present when we went home. While Brian was napping I went online and printed out a Canadian colouring (or should that be coloring?) in page.

After Brian's nap he coloured in the picture, with textas - extra special for him. But this was to be a present so I thought we should take the activity further and actually have Brian wrap the gift. I quickly raced to the craft room and found a sheet of old (and cheap) scrapbook paper. It was cut to size, contending with the roll of wrapping paper and scissors might have made this activity less enjoyable.

So armed with paper and some tape, we folded up the colouring sheet and wrapped it up. I helped Brian fold over the edges and gave him bits of tape to stick it down with. Of course they were all scrunched up but that was part of the specialness of this gift. Once it was done I got Brian to write "Daddy" on the front.
Then because this was so special we had to photograph it (for the blog). So I picked up my camera and started to head to a room I thought would have the best light at that time of day. But Brian stopped me, he wanted to share in the photography experience too. So we got his camera and both took some shots. Then I let him have a little fun with my camera, over a carpeted surface for my camera's safety sake. I really loved how he said "teddy", then went to take a shot of teddy. "Pig", and went to take a shot of the wombat. We'll work on that one.

The beauty of a point and shoot - taken by Brian aged 2 years, 4 months:
So in all, two great activities: making and wrapping a present & taking photographs.

2 comments:

  1. This is really sweet Brooke, a moment to capture and remember. What a sweet and thoughtful little boy.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I just want to hug him to pieces!! Kayla has the same camera as Brian -but Peyton steals it everyday to take pictures. She loves it!!
    **Oh and it is colouring, in the US they don't include the u.

    Love the pics! Great post.

    ReplyDelete