Friday, 5 November 2010

Lately

It feels like forever since I've posted and I'm really missing it. Here's a little of what we've been up to:
  • A Kevin & Brooke night out to see David Suzuki. Kevin said if he had a bucket list David would be on it, so it was nice to cross something off that proverbial list. He speaks so well and really holds your attention, the 1.5 hours felt like only a few minutes. I love how the speech really got us thinking about the way we live our life and the way in which society works, all tied back to science of course. I also can't tell you how nice it was to attend an event as an adult, it's so rare these days. All of the Canadian accents around us made me smile too.
  • Speaking of bucket lists - today I've started the process of crossing something off my list, seeing the Oprah show live. Registrations into her ticket lottery opened today. In case you've been living under a rock she's coming to Sydney in December. Kevin's keen to come seeing as we are also hope to cross off "eating the Guava Snow Egg from Quay Restaurant". Did you hear my heart brake as I just checked the menu on their website? It's now a "Jackfruit" snow egg.
  • Another highlight lately was listening to the babysitting report my parent's gave on our return home from our night out. I love that Brian is so at home with my family, he doesn't miss a beat when we walk out that door. Brian made sure Nanny and Pop did everything the right way, he told them the routine as the night went on. He even put away his own toys - we couldn't have been prouder!
  • Brian and I had a day at the park as part of Children's Week. We attended a similar event last year and the 'toddler game ideas' that you come back with are priceless! The activities at this event were pretty messy and Brian was really just content running up and down the large hills. I was also pretty impressed with his independence, he was quite happy to go off and play while I waited in line to enter the raffle and collect my goody bag - which I later found contained a free Tupperware container - if you know me at all this is like winning gold!
  • The 23rd & 24th October was the best weekend we have had in a long time, no work all play! With Kevin's work and uni commitments we don't get much time with just the three of us so it was really nice to get a little dressed up and head down to Harbour Town (outlet shopping) on Saturday. I found I enjoyed it much more than normal as I didn't have a wish list for myself. No urge to buy meant no bad feelings when I didn't get that thrill that purchases can bring (bad, but true).
  • Brian and I had a fun day in the city where Brian impressed Kevin's work colleagues by telling them the name of the company they work at (while pointing at their logo) and pointing out (and naming) other logos specific to their company. He also greeted everyone as they came into the lunchroom. We will forget that the day was meant to be about the French stories and singing in the library. It wasn't as good as we hoped.
  • We've had a lot of other wonderful moments that makes being parent's sheer joy. We won't count the ones where Brian keeps calling his Daddy "Kevin", or that most days he tells me there is a man in the house when it's just the two of us. Way to scare the crap out of me!!
And because one must have a photo, here's what not to wear:

Don't match your son to your outfit. Luckily it was easier to change him than it was me.

3 comments:

  1. Love the post!! I wish Brian and I could hang out -I'm sure we'd have a lot of fun.... if I could seperate him & Peyton lol.
    Very cute picture of the two of you! Very happy ~ it's adorable.
    *And super glad you guys were able to have some family time too! Treasure the moments, they make great memories.
    xxoo
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely blog Brooke. And thank you for your comment on my blog post about protecting your heart on your blog. I dont think you should change anything of what you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely post Brooke and such a cute photo of the two of you. xo

    ReplyDelete