Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Week Ended 15th October

A couple of sweet little Brian moments I'd like to remember from this week:
  • Referring to Monica as "Mo-ki-na".
  • Saying "present Daddy" while at the shopping centre. We made one for him when we got home.
  • Utter sheer joy when he saw a Christmas tree with flashing lights in Kmart.
  • Tinsel is pretty fascinating too - we call it "owh sparkly".
  • Pushing his kitchen into my kitchen while I was cooking and saying "like Mummy".
  • Whinging "nother song" 5 times in the 2 seconds it takes the car CD player to start the next song.

And here's a couple more from 16th - 20th October:
  • 7 word sentences are coming easy now, like "need a rest again at Pop's house" (this means he was tired).
  • Daddy came home Tuesday night and Brian noticed he had a haircut - amazing attention to detail.
  • Driving home from my parent's place I had to take a minor detour due to "no right turns during peak hour". As soon as I turned off my little back seat driver says "Where going Mummy?"
  • A progression from calling us 'Mummy & Daddy', generally now we are 'Mum & Dad', sometimes 'Yes Sir Mum' and other times 'Yes Mum' (said in the same tone as Kevin's 'Yes Dear'.
  • I love Brian's little Kevin accent - tomatoes are toMATEoes and babe is beb.
  • Doing things 'like Mummy (or Daddy)' is top priority right now. Brian has been mowing the floor (indoors) since the weekend and he wanted to drive the car yesterday. We might save that one for a few years!
  • I love how Brian shows so much appreciation for things. He spends a lot of time genuinely saying "owh look at that".

1 comment: