Monday, 15 November 2010

Brian Vs Starbucks - Take 2


Late last month Brian and I took another trip into the city. A trip to the city comes with the premise that I WILL visit Starbucks, mostly because visits are few and far between these days (they will become more frequent as Christmas nears and because Brian asks to go to work with his Dad daily)!

This time when I asked for the cup of milk (for Brian) I wasn't going to take a babyccino instead. After all he is my son and I rarely drink hot/warm drinks. The lady behind the counter did look at me a little funny at first but decided to sell me a half cup of milk (which was HUGE) for 30c! Brian LOVED it. We don't eat out or visit cafes often so when we do it's nice to make a big deal of it. Hell, it is a big deal (and a special treat) for me, so why not Brian too.

Now we have perfected our "Starbucks + Toddler" experience we are all set for next time. Bring on those Christmas red cups!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you chose the plain milk option as I think it's the best choice for that age. It doesn't lessen the experience for both of you. Our children are mimicking us enough these days with technology(ie mobile phones)we don't need them to think they are drinking coffee also.Just the fact that he is drinking out of a big boy cup, at the table(not highchair), at Starbucks is a big enough thrill 4 cousin Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we even have star bucks here in Victoria anymore, they all got closed down, too many fussy coffee drinkers in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought he was hooked on Lime Milkshakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun day, Brooke I hope you didn't feel high, lol I know how you can feel after your coffee. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brooke,

    I just wanted to pop in and say hello and a very big thank you for your sweet comment today! You really put a great big smile on my face! I am so glad you stopped by and I sure do hope you visit again soon.

    Please let me know when you get a follower gadget on your blog as I would love to follow you. I love meeting Aussie bloggers!

    Best wishes and happy day,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete