Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Stitch-less, Markets and A Trip To The City

I'm back, minus the stitches. I can't tell you how nice it is to shower without a plastic bag over my hand and actually be able to grip dishes as I wash them, glove free and all. Apparently my (tiny) wound is healing nicely. I'm still taking it a little easy lifting certain things and am careful not to move my wrist in too many directions - a couple of tasks have proven a little scary (tightening Brian's carseat straps is one of them).

It was so nice to venture out and about towards the end of last week. I didn't miss driving so much, but apparently there were all kinds of sales I was missing out on!! Brian is now set for spring, pyjama-wise. And we've ditched the shoes for sandals.

Kevin was busy at work this weekend and a renewed grocery account meant a mandatory trip to the Rocklea Markets. Normally I would ask my parent's to come along and help (Brian's new stroller doesn't have much room for fruit and vege underneath, so I need more hands), but they were testing out the new caravan. Thankfully Shane (my little brother) was free, so he came along and then allowed us to crash his entire Saturday. We met before 9am and left his place around 5pm, a good day's work!

Here's a picture of Brian waiting for Shane. He was watching the mini ferris wheel with much excitement (in between bouts of running through the garden). Shane and Brian are like two peas in a pod, so when Shane arrived Brian ran up to him absolutely thrilled. Later in the day they were singing "I'm a little teapot" in the grocery store, to which Brian said "That fun Shane". Cute.

Sunday saw a trip to the city, mostly because Brian needed sandals and David Jones had them on sale. But also because I was past due for a frappuccino. I thought it might be nice for Brian and I to sit down and enjoy a treat together (at Starbucks), instead of my usual, drinking it while pushing the pram around. It may have something to do with my spilling the last one due to lack of hands, two just isn't enough some days!

The whole 'babyccino' thing is pretty popular here. All of Brian's friends know what they are, but Sunday was Brian's first trial. I'm happy to report he didn't like it. A cold drink lover just like his Mama! I did ask for a cup of milk, but apparently it's not the done thing. Next time little man you will get your milk.

Also please note the LeSnack in the picture. This was a super special treat day as it was also his first LeSnack. I grew up with these as a child, infact I believe we tried them before they were on sale to the public. The advantages of living near the factory!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day out with your brother and boy! Love a good market and a frappuccino (although my girl does like a babycino, but I think it's mostly for the marshmallows :) )

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete