Thursday, 20 May 2010

Recording Mother's Day

11 days later I'd like to share my Mother's Day with you. I don't have any pictures to remember the day, so recording it here felt important. Who wants to forget their second Mother's Day?

The day started with a present delivered by a VERY excited Brian. I just love how he knows when things are special, he makes it so much more. Inside was a baby height chart from Kikki-K. I'd been wanting to record Brian's growth for a while and ironically had picked up (looked at, not purchased) the same chart in a store only 3 days earlier. Next Brian, still very excited brought in a card, which was from Kevin and very sweet.

Kevin had to spend the day working on uni assignments and left the house early. I worked like a mad woman and made a special picnic lunch for my Mum, attended by Mum, Dad, Shane, Brian and I. We headed to a very popular park not to far from my parent's place, only to find it insanely busy and not a parking space in sight. We then headed down to the river and found a nice little park with play equipment for Brian.

I served sandwiches filled with:
  • Seasoned turkey & cranberry and caramelised red onion chutney
  • Cucumber & my famous ricotta/pesto spread
  • Ham, cheese & mustard pickles
  • Tomato, pepper & cream cheese
  • Smoked salmon & lemon and herbed cream cheese
Followed by fresh paw paw spinkled with freshly grated coconut. To drink was a pineapple mint slushy, making a comeback after success at a previous picnic. And we finished with a Pumpkin Toffee Cake freshly baked by a friend, who sold this among many other yummy cakes at her first ever market stall the day before.

We all had a great day, although I'm sure Kevin would have preferred to spend his elsewhere = )

2 comments:

  1. Sounded lush! How tall is Brian now? Now you have your chart you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a fun Mother's Day it was super busy at the park we went to as well but it was a beautiful day to celebrate. Thanks for stopping by Brooke and for your very sweet comments, I'm so glad that you enjoy stopping by and you are inspired to try something new you'll have to post it so we can see what you've been up to:) Have a good weekend. Catherine:)

    ReplyDelete