Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Email Woes

I'm finding myself in a muddle every time I go to check my inbox lately. A lot of organising that I need to do is related to Mum's Group so we reply to emails back and forth. The problem I'm having is that Gmail links all of those emails together, see pic above. All these emails appear in my inbox as one big lump sum. I can't file them away separately.

All I want to do is archive some of those emails individually so I can actually find the ones I need to respond to. But all I've been able to do is mark the entire lot as unread until I get back to it. Does anyone else have this issue and/or any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried using labels? I think they will really help. You could create a label "Requires Action" or something like that and archive them that way. I wrote about labels on my other blog here http://setupemailaddress.net/2009/02/how-to-use-labels-in-gmail/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole. You've inspired me to figure out what all of those other buttons on my Gmail mean. Love your other blog - very helpful.

    My main issue is that I can't separate the emails but I have found the "Starred" feature and at least that highlights the one I need to reply to. Combined with using labels and clearing out my inbox every once in a while I should be on the path to a much happier inbox = )

    ReplyDelete