Today we celebrated Mum's birthday with a nice lunch at our place. And a couple of yummy cakes. The Cheesecake Shop sells cakes by the half, so we had 1/2 lemon meringue pie and 1/2 strawberry baked cheesecake. A certain sugar high followed!
We weren't too sure what to get Mum this year so after a discussion regarding what made her happy we decided to pay for her to go to a local wildlife sanctuary. We agreed that "time with Brian" would make her most happy, so we will all go out for the day and Mum gets to hold Brian's hand and Kevin and I get the yucky jobs like nappy changes. Clearly leaving Mum to babysit would not quite be right!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM
On Tuesday Kevin and I celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. I can't tell you how old it makes us feel! We don't plan on doing anything special, although Kevin if you are reading you know I might like some shredded beef and picnic chicken. I'll have to dream up some lovely weekend outing for the three of us.
Brooke, I was thinking how much is going on down under, I really hope you and Kevin enjoy your wedding Anniversary, I'm sure Kevin will take care of your request. Love you all so much. I'm sure with all the B-Day's and now your Anniversary coming up that there has been consumed lots of yummy treats. Thinking of all of you, all the time.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your 8th anniversary! You may think this is not a special anniversary because it is not your 5th or 10th anniversaries, however view it in this light...
ReplyDeleteThe number eight is considered particularly auspicious in Chinese culture because it sounds similar to the word for 'prosper' or 'wealth'.
The visual aspect of the 8th anniversary is also important because it is similar to the infinity symbol which is a happy thing to associate with the connection you have with your spouse.
Happy anniversary, may your marriage be bountiful with infinite blessings and joy!
**It seems I'm always logged in to Jeremy's account... but you know it's me lol
ReplyDeleteD
Sugar, yes we finished the cakes last night.............
ReplyDeletehave a great day on the 23rd.
dad
February is the BEST month for birthdays you know :P
ReplyDeleteHope you had a lovely anniversary :)