Friday, 26 February 2010

Band of Brothers



Band Of Brothers has been the subject of our movie nights (and crappy tv nights) lately. With The Pacific coming out soon, Kevin really wanted to see this series. He borrowed the box set from a friend and I think a little trip to JB HiFi might mean it will grace our own collection very soon.

It's a great series. At times, mainly the first few episodes, I felt I would have followed along more easily if I had a military background, but overall I loved to see the character development and bond the men of Easy Company shared. My favourite episode was #6 - Bastogne. I really appreciated the different perspectives the series portrayed and most enjoyed learning about the war from medic Eugene "Doc" Roe's point of view.

Last night we watched all the extras including the documentary, video diaries, etc. I love these inclusions as it really makes you appreciate all the work that has gone into what you see on screen. I must also admit it makes me miss working in the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment