Saturday, 14 November 2009

Tis The Season




So, last post I promised to go into a little more detail about the events that are helping us celebrate the Christmas season.

Back in late November 2007, Kevin and I met up with my parents in the city to see the lighting of the Brisbane City Christmas tree. This was pretty rare because my parents NEVER go to the city. I remember it well as we had just found out we were expecting a baby and we didn't want to tell my parents until after we had been to see the Doctor. I think that I did pretty well hiding it, Kevin however was a bit fidgety and to my view a little obvious. So when a question came up about babies or the like I answered it like a pro as quickly as I could before Kevin had the chance to choke on his coffee.

The actual event we went for was busy, and the night a bit too long for our liking. So I guess that maybe it's a blessing in disguise that I've discovered that we can't make it to the lighting of the tree this year. For anyone interested it's on Friday 27th November at 6:30pm and worth checking out at least once.

This year the tree returns to it's former home, King George Square, which is just outside City Hall. According to the council website it's a new 21.2m tree and is Australia's first solar powered tree, featuring around 16 000 lights.

Seeing the tree isn't quite tradition yet, as we've only seen it once in recent times, but it's something I'd like to add to our "Christmas tradition to do list".

2 comments:

  1. Our new tradition is to bake sugar cookies on Christmas Eve and decorate them for Santa, maybe even a few for us! ;-) We also have midnight snack party on Christmas Eve. Of course a drive around town to look at the lights is a must too!
    Crystal =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Christmas!!!! :) Makes me giddy!

    ReplyDelete