
Photo By: Ali Edwards - www.aliedwards.typepad.com
Ali Edwards is a very famous scrapbooker, and if you know scrapbookers this is rarely where it ends. Ali also does a lot of digital design work and has her own line of stamps. Read more here.
Ali's December Daily Album is a great way to document the holiday season. The idea is that you create the foundation of your album before the 1st December and complete the photos and journalling each day during December. Starting this way frees up more of your time to enjoy the season.
If you read my blog regularly you will know that I failed miserably last year, and that my uncompleted album is sitting right beside me with only the foundation pages completed for days 1-13, 19-20.
Generally I'm a card maker, so scrapbooking is still quite daunting for me. Don't tell anyone, but I've spent ages studying Ali's 2009 album. As I don't have the experience behind me of creating these albums I tried to learn from her experience. I must say that I feel a lot more confident about my own album and how I will tackle it. The pressure is no longer on making it look good, in fact I feel the messier it is the better it will be.
It breaks my heart to know that I haven't got an album from Brian's first Christmas, so I'm looking forward to looking back in a couple of months and reliving our December 2009.
If you want to participate I suggest you take a look at Ali's blog. Start here, and make sure you click the "Gather Your Materials", "Cover and Pages 1-12" and "Pages 13-25" links.
I have seen this album and it looks so good! I really want to do the 365 album but I cannot afford the shipping costs on the design kit! x :(
ReplyDeleteShipping is one major issue with not living in America. I have the same issue on lots of things that I want.
ReplyDeleteYou could slip the photos in a normal 4x6 album and use a piece of 4x6 cardstock in another slip for your journalling. I've used this idea for a "moments" book for Brian.
Welcome to the fan club of Ali Edwards!!
ReplyDelete