We had some movie vouchers to use up, so my parent's looked after Brian (only the third time he has been looked after by someone other than Kevin or I) and we headed out for an early lunch and a midday movie. Lunch was fantastic. We went to Fleet Street at Indooroopilly, I had the high tea and Kevin had the BLT. Can I just say now that I LOVE high teas! I've only ever had two but I'm addicted. I prefer the emphasis on the savoury with a little sweet to end, which is why this high tea was perfect for me. There were three large ribbon sandwiches and a small frittata to fill me up before delicately sampling each and every little sweet on the remaining two tiers, oh yum! Kevin actually said "What are you doing?", as I nibbled off a piece of one the cake decorations. My reply, "tasting every little piece so I can re-create it". This is how I get my cooking inspiration.
Next the movie, Astro Boy. It wasn't exactly something we were dying to see but I did grow up watching the cartoon and we both love everything Japanese! I did find myself watching the clock a little, but that was probably because I was hoping that Brian wasn't giving my parent's any grief. We did enjoy the movie and it was nice to see the background story to Astro Boy as I never knew how/why he was created.
After a quick look in a couple of shops (EB and a comfort shoe store - I'm desperate for a great pair of thongs=flip flops) we headed back to my parent's place where we spent the afternoon. We were further spoiled by a yummy roast dinner and trifle for dessert!!
On Sunday, Brian and I headed out to a local fete where I scored a small but nice apothecary jar and Brian got two board books, total spent $3. It was soooo hot that we came home as fast as we could.
Kevin stayed home and avoided study despite having an exam next weekend. I think he was more than overdue for a day of lazing about!
On the "No Pictures" front: We don't clear the camera card until it has been uploaded to both the laptop and desktop computers. Uploading to the desktop is a Kevin job because I'm not qualified *smile*. Hopefully next weekend I can reunite with my little camera, oh how I miss my little buddy!
Hi guys
ReplyDeleteWell sounds like you had a nice deserved weekend together. I am sure the grandparents would not have any problem to look after Brian for whatever time is needed. I is Nice that Kevin even found some time to wish me a Happy Birthday out of all the commotion. I think the only thing you misses out of all that was a XL Pizza. lol. Kidding folks. Sounds like it was a good deserved weekend. Take care and nice to keep up on your blog. Aurelle
Sounded like a terrific weekend, good to spoil and enjoy yourselves. :) x
ReplyDeleteWell Brooke,
ReplyDeleteI have alot on my mind, so I have not been reading your blog lately. Of course you guys are always on my mind. You are blessed with two loving parents who I'm sure love the time alone with Brian.I wish Dar had that for her girls,now their 3 hrs away, I miss them.
Glad you and Kevin had some time and relaxing for a change. Hope all your X-Mas activies are filled with joy and fun. Love Mum & Nana (cuddles for Brian) oxoxoxxo