
What I love about this card is it's about 90% recycled/repurposed. Even the heart shape has been stamped from a bent toilet roll holder! (My shaped internet connection wont allow me to find who's blog I took this stamp idea from, if it was you THANK YOU).
[SUPPLIES]
Cardstock base: Fiskars 12 inch Portable Rotary Trimmer packaging.
Embellishments: Little Kids wording from Heinz Oat Bikkies box, Dad wording from Myer catalogue, orange glitter.
Stamps: Repurposed empty toilet roll, Karen Foster Design Snap Stamps - Mini Casual.
Ink: Memories Dye Ink Pad in Black, Jo Sonja's Artists' Colours paint in Vermilion.
[HOW TO]
1. Cut an A5 piece from your trimmer packaging with your Fiskars trimmer (ironic, no?). Score and fold to make card base.
2. Cut out "little kids" text from biscuit box and "Dad" text from catalogue. Adhere "little kids" to card base using pop dots and "Dad" text to base using double sided tape.
3. Bend toilet roll to form a heart shape. Dip into paint and stamp onto card. Completely cover paint with glitter. Let dry and brush off excess glitter.
4. Make the word "their" from snap stamps and using your black dye ink stamp it onto the card. Make sure you work with the swirls on the trimmer packaging. Eg. I stamped mine inside a swirl.
5. Adhere a plain piece of paper inside the card to write your message. Your card is now complete.
Love the card!
ReplyDeleteBrooke your cards are amazing! I am inspired to make cards now! I will keep you updated on my progress.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Crystal
love this card...love your blog esp about family memories great inspiration. Jane x
ReplyDeleteThat is SUCH good idea and lovely card!!!xxx
ReplyDelete