Wednesday, 16 September 2009

More Recycling Fun

The team over at the Fiskars Craft blog have me totally addicted to chopping up my catalogues and creating cards out of them. I have a drawer where I store old catalogues and packaging that I will "one day" turn into something nice. Well, the day has come. I'm thinking my hubby would like to thank Fiskars for helping me clear out my craft room!



This card is made from the 2008 Kikki K Christmas catalogue. They had some nice berries on branches in the catalogue and the images were big, so I was able to make this the focus of my card. "We wish you a lovely" was cut out of the message from the founder of Kikki K. I love that it looks handwritten. I used the 6.75" super sized circle template from Fiskars to cut the brown base for this card. The circle shape didn't work well with the rest of this card so I chopped off the top and bottom to give me that curved edge you now see.



This card was a little harder as I had to really scrounge the catalogues for my supplies. I used the catalogue to basically shop for my cardstock and embellishments. The black cardstock was cut from a blackboard image in the 2008 catalogue and the rest was from the 2007 catalogue (what a hoarder I am!). The tree and gift strip on the top of the card as well as the red star strip were easy to find. The bottom star strip was much harder. The stars actually formed a heart and I cut out the tiniest strip to complete the look I was going for.

I used the scallop blade from my Fiskars trimmer to cut the stock that my sentiment would sit on. "to the world" is from the Fiskars Baby clear stamp set (it originally said welcome to the world) and "joy" was cut from another place in the catalogue. The kraft coloured base of this card was the insert that went into the document frame we bought Kevin for Father's Day, making this card ENTIRELY recycled (with the exception of the stamp).

I'm really having a blast with this challenge. What things are you recycling?

[SUPPLIES]
Lovely Christmas
Bazzill cardstock, Kikki K 2008 Christmas catalogue, Fiskars Super-Sized Circles Template, ribbon, corner rounder, pop dots.

Joy To The World
Recycled document frame insert, Kikki K 2007 & 2008 catalogue, Fiskars trimmer with scallop blade, Fiskars "Baby" clear stamps.

2 comments:

  1. these look great Brooke, i know what you mean about hoarding the junk mail, lol, i have a kitchen table full of recycled stuff that i just can't bare to throw in the bin!! i am going to find a big container today to keep it all in so that perhaps we can eat dinner on the table tonight!! Look forward to seeing more of your recycled creations. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brooke - thanks for leaving a comment over on the AC blog!

    ReplyDelete