
On Saturday Brian attended his first birthday party (falling asleep at his cousin's 1st birthday party when he was 4 months old doesn't count). We all had a great time. Brian loved watching the trees (surprise, surprise), balloons and streamers and making as many weird noises as he could (attention seeker!). He's such a big boy now that he didn't even cry when babies came over to grab his toys and/or steal his special sushi lunch (made from tortillas).
Kevin and I had fun too. I must say the party was SOOO well organised, including that call to Mother Nature to ensure a sunny day (rain was previously forecast) that it really ensured a great, fun and relaxing time. Owh and the cupcakes - TO DIE FOR!!
The birthday girl did EVERYTHING right. She sat there looking at everyone when we sung Happy Birthday and she polished off her cupcake with perfect etiquette and didn't even get her clothes dirty, what a talent!
Towards the end of the party Brian took a nap to recharge his batteries before heading off to Nan and Pop's place to show them his new trick - walking while holding our hands. And because they are so special he decided to show us all how he can clap (for the first time EVER).
I love the pic of Brian with the present! He looks like he is waiting for no one to look so he can open it. Just when I think he can't be more sweet, Brian keeps getting cuter and cuter in every pic! I just want to reach through the screan and squeeze him!
ReplyDeleteCrystal
Thanks Crystal. Of course we think he is cute too, but we are completely biased!!
ReplyDeleteThat present was there for less than 30 seconds because there was NO WAY he was going to destroy it.
That kid rocks my heart! x
ReplyDelete