I recently made a birthday card for my brother (Happy Birthday Shane) and it was 100% inspired by the world around me.
The colours came from one of Brian's books. He's been playing with Dr Seuss' Amazing Animals like books are going out of fashion and as I was reading it to him the other day it occurred to me how WOW the colour combinations are. I've been hanging out to use them ever since!
The design inspiration came from two places: a card by Dawn McVey from a few months back featuring a star and a circle. I remember at the time being so inspired that I committed the shapes to memory. Shortly after posting she removed the photo from her blog for publishing so I'm hoping my card isn't too similar.
The second place is: here. I just loved the colours and the text from this project, pardon the pun but doesn't it just pop? It made me run out and buy some Thickers (American Crafts) straight away, luckily my local scrapbook store had them at 40% off!!
So, one card, three lots of inspiration and I'm wondering if I deserve ANY credit at all!! Here it is:
No comments:
Post a Comment