Thursday, 19 March 2009

Photo-A-Day 10 - 12 March (Late As Usual)

Tuesday 10th March



I had a bit of a lamb craving last week so I decided to make this. As it turns out lamb is really really pricey and we, like most people are on a strict budget. Luckily lamb roasts were on special for $8.50 kg, but unfortunately for me they were all HUGE, so I threw caution to the wind and bought a $25 lamb roast.

For me this is a bit of a big deal, I'm not a bad cook, just bad at the easy things sometimes. So on Tuesday afternoon I set out to cook my HUGE lamb roast. I was nervous, very nervous, because if this didn't work and I stuffed it, I would have thrown $25 down the toilet and I just can't afford that!! Can you imagine the smile on my face when it turned out?


Wednesday 11th March



This was a tough day as Kevin was SICK. Sicker than I've ever seen him. Thankfully he was with it enough to tell me what I should do and that there was every chance his fever would screw with his brain and he could start to lose it at any time. We had a Doctor's appointment early in the morning, but not before I called 13HEALTH for some advice as to when I take him to hospital. Apparently when your temp hits 40C it's time to worry. Kevin's hit 39C and he doesn't know this but I started to get things ready to take him to hospital, it's not easy to just leave with a baby who between milk and solid feeds is eating approx every 2 hours!

Kevin had the rest of the week off and is much better now. For anyone in Queensland, 13HEALTH is great. I was able to speak with an RN straight away.

As for the picture, Kevin got me a subscription to my FAVOURITE magazine for Christmas. This one arrived on Tuesday and I was so busy I couldn't sit down and read it straight away like I used to many moons ago!


Thursday 12th March



Thursday was a blur, so I cheated and took this pic of the flour I bought on Monday. I'm cooking all of Brian's food from scratch and had to educate myself on wholemeal flour. I'll admit that I thought wholemeal flour was a whole (pardon the pun) different breed of flour, eg. you substitue plain for wholemeal and you'll be right. Turns out that there is wholemeal plain and wholemeal self raising flour, of course!

2 comments: