You know when you have some good food then a few years pass and you want that same good taste again? Well my Dad has a few issues there with pizza.
As I'm told the story goes that Toto's Pizza House in Melbourne used to have the best pizza ever. I'm not quite sure if Dad thinks their current pizzas are the same as the old ones (you'll have to leave a comment on this one Dad), but even if he did it's not like he can go to Melbourne when the pizza craving hits.
The story continues....one day Mum and Dad came shopping with us for baby stuff. It was a bit of a trip to a decent sized baby store in Loganholme. Anyway, afterwards we were all hungry so we headed over to the Hyperdome for some lunch. The Italian place there looked good so we went in. Dad had pizza - infact I think I was the only one that didn't - which really isn't like me. I had had a craving for scaloppine and vege for ages, but that was a little pricey so I went with the parmigiana. The parmigiana was good and HUGE, but it didn't top Dad's declaration of "the best pizza since Toto's, back before Adam was in short pants".
So that was it, Dad was hooked. I heard that a month or so later Mum and Dad went there again for lunch. Here's were I mention the drive from their place is 30 to 45 minutes and they don't usually do that just for food!
If you are in Brisbane the place is called La Porchetta. It's not fine dining at all, just some good easy food. The most annoying thing about their menu is that they have granita drinks on there (who doesn't want a drink made from ice?), we have tried to order it both times we have been but apparently they don't do them anymore. I just wish they would cross it off the menu, surely a black line though that spot would be better than disappointed customers?!
Also, it seems that the pizzas with a larger variety of toppings taste better than the plain ones. The above picture is the Margherita (after I took a bite out of it) and it wasn't the best pizza I've ever had. Kevin said his had a lot more flavour, I think he went with the Original Porchetta. And I'm pretty sure Dad goes with the Capricciosa. So basically get a pizza with lots of toppings on it.
Gee I thought the photo above the pizza was my tummy after the pizza, pleased to see it's yours.
ReplyDeleteNow for the pizza, Yep Toto's in Carlton Victoria was the best when Savitoria started it back in the late 60's....the best.(its about 2000 KLM from where we live now)
Now we have found one in Indooroopilly Local Castelles great pizza and its only 10 minutes away.
Is Savitoria still around, Dad?
ReplyDeleteHappy that Castelles (I thought there was an i in there somewhere) is meeting the standard!