Yesterday I made a very unlikely friend. I was out shopping and decided to take a bit of a break. While sitting down I saw a couple of boys go into a store that you would think to be a bit dodgy, especially considering these boys were probably not 16 yet.
I watched the shop attendant, as the store sold spray paint and I was wondering whether the guy behind the counter would sell it to boys quite clearly underage. They seemed to be asking about something else behind the counter – couldn’t tell what it was from where I was sitting.
One of the boys seemed to be uninterested in what the other boys were looking at. He came outside and sat on the chair next to me, at which time I had to pretend I wasn’t watching them.
The boys came out of the store and went down the escalator. As they went down, one boy, looking all happy, pulled a t-shirt from out of his pants. I was totally shocked! I work in a store that experiences theft mostly from people in this age group, but the boy that stole the shirt looked so innocent.
I felt it my duty to notify the shop attendant of this incident. He was also shocked. The boy did it so calmly, and with two people watching. I can’t believe the nerve of some people. All I hope is that karma comes his way.
Later in the evening the shop attendant was standing outside of the shop, quite clearly looking for the boys, and totally ready to pounce – he waved as I went past – a very unlikely friend indeed.
Hey Brooke -thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm so happy that your dad is going to the gym -where did he find the motivation to keep going? Peyton was up all last night (Sunday) so I didn't get to go the gym today -we'll try again tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI hope things are going well with you -did Kevin tell you I got your gift ( I wrote on his facebook)? We absolutely LOVE it!! The outfit is beautiful and the book is very appropriate... and I'm already reading it to Peyton. Thank you so much, it was very thoughtful.
I hope you're feeling well -I'd love to see a picture of your belly if you have one!! All the best.
Darlene