...we were married.
We are really excited about celebrating our anniversary this year, mainly because six years sounds like such a long time, but it doesn't feel like it. Tonight we are going out to celebrate my Mum's birthday, so we will be having our anniversary dinner some other time - just not sure when.
The plans are to go here, seeing as I'm allowed meringue/pavlova. There was a little debate as to whether the egg whites in pavlova are fully cooked, turns out yes.
The choice of restaurant hinged completely on whether I could have this dessert -Strawberry Vacherine -meringue nest filled with whipped cream & fresh strawberries covered in chocolate sauce. If you click here you can see a few slideshows of some photos. In the second box down, one of the pics is this dessert. I've been to the Summit Restaurant enough times to have my favourite meals and I really can't go past this dessert or this main (second pic down). It's Crisp Skin Atlantic Salmon Steak - on a bed of creamy potato mash, wilted English spinach and tomato and chilli jam. Yum!
Apparently the tradition for 6th Anniversary presents are candy/iron, with the modern being wood. So we are hanging out for the biggest box of these we can find, and we are off to Ikea to check out bookcase systems for our GIANT family room wall. Kevin's research leans towards something like this, but in a darker colour.
Off to Ikea, sorry about no pics, I had a really nice wedding one picked out but blogger just wont co-operate - hence all the links.
No comments:
Post a Comment