Kevin and I are really excited about having a baby on the way. I'm not quite 13 weeks yet, so I think that we'll be a bit more excited once we reach that mark, and also after our second scan on 8th January. We didn't wait to tell family and friends as they need to know what is going on with us anyway.
The hardest was keeping the secret from my parents when we went out the night after we found out. We wanted to see a Doctor before telling anyone. My parents made a couple of little jokes about babies and I had to butt in before Kevin gave everything away. We had this cool idea to tell my parents by giving them a "Grandma and Grandpa" book from Kikki K.

It has space for the Grandparents to write about themselves. I thought that I would love to have that info about my Grandparents but it would be a difficult task for them now. So we are getting in early with our child's Grandparents.
It's one month today since we found out that we are pregnant. It really seems like much longer. I only had ham for the first time since finding out last week and it had felt like a long time. I had only really been eating beef and chicken. I need to start eating more fish. We have some really good fish markets near us (and a cruise ship terminal - as I discovered the other day), so maybe next weekend I can venture out there.
I guess that I'm going to have to finally tell a few people about this place now as I'm sure some family and friends will want to keep updated with baby news. It's almost been one year since I started this blog and not many people know about it. I really started it as a bit of a diary though, so it might feel weird at first letting people read my "diary".
Hope your Christmas was a merry one. Maybe next time I'll have some pictures to put up.....just waiting for Kevin to download them as it's sacred, apparently!
Congratulations!! Exciting times, enjoy everything!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your wonderful news! I've only just started my blog and have been browsing others. Enjoy your pregnancy, it's a wonderful thing to bring new life into the world.
ReplyDeleteThank you Erika and Jan for your comments. It is definately very exciting and life changing.
ReplyDelete