Tuesday, 6 November 2007

Missing, Christmas, Cards






I'm kind of toying with missing people at the moment. Mostly I'm wondering why it is you can miss someone so much in only a short period, when you usally don't see them for that period anyway. (That's my 4th attempt at that sentence, so hard to explain). I'm thinking it's because you know you can't see them. Nevertheless, it makes you seem really silly sometimes.

Christmas - why are people putting up trees and wreaths in the first week of November? I really do love the Christmas spirit and travelling to a Winter Christmas last year really makes you love it that much more, but seriously, November?

Cards - speaking of Christmas, one that has started a tradition of hand-making cards has to keep up this tradition, as time consuming as it can be. Don't get me wrong I really do love making cards, but I'm one of those people that has to make a different design for every single person, and it can not be a design that someone has ever had previously. So I can't copy something from the year before, or the one before that. I also really need to be feeling creative to knock out a few cards. The creative process can be a slow one, and it's always slow when you need it to be fast, right? I've made a little card inspiration book of layouts I like, colours, etc. just to get me feeling creative. I'm really loving how people are copyrighting their pictures and adding their name, so I can remember who inspired me. It's really amazing how creative some people are.

Above cards are all mine. All made a couple of years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment