Monday, 27 August 2007

Remember Me?




It became apparent last night that I had not blogged in a very long time. Almost 2 months. There becomes a point when it's just easier to not blog than it is to figure out what to write and try to catch up.

In short we moved. We didn't plan on moving, it just kind of happened. The value in our old place had grown a lot in only 2 years. We (or should I say my awesome hubby) wanted to capitalise on that, so we sold our house - to our next door neighbour=no real estate fees. : )

We (again my "love to research everything" hubby) printed a map of Brisbane. He then overlayed OHT's with flood levels, train stations, etc. and came up with a couple of dream locations. Of course being "dream" locations we were then restricted by what we could afford. A little search on the net for houses in "our new suburb", with a few of our "must haves" narrowed the search and the next thing I knew we were sitting in a real estate office signing a contract for our new house.

It all happened so fast. It's actually taken me a week or so to realise that "no, this is not a motel/resort we are living in this is now our home". I don't have to go back "home" next week as this is now it.

I knew that I would miss our old place and I also knew that it wouldn't be long until I really fell in love with where we are now. Our first home (a rental) was not too far from here, so we know the area and do like it. I just miss my old Coles supermarket. How sad is that? I could go there on a Sunday afternoon and the shelves would still be full and there would be hardly anyone around. Both of the two Coles near here are a bit smaller and for some reason not as exciting. I'm sure that when I figure out what aisle the chocolate is in I'll be ok.

In other news my husband has started a new job. He really loves it which is such a great thing. It's just so amazing how much enjoying your work can make you happy. I need to work on that one myself. So consider it out there - if anyone has a full time job in Brisbane just let me know.

And because a post must have a picture, the above is my 6 year old (hope that's right - haven't unpacked my calendar yet) nephew kicking my very competitive husband's ass at Guess Who. Sorry no faces as I haven't OKed this with his Mum. This happy family are now again living in driving distance away from us - as opposed to flying distance. Woo hoo! And there is another little niece or nephew on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment