Bursting with excitement that my kids get two nights at Grandparent camp this coming week. Two nights is a first for us and totally Brian's idea. I've spent about a month planning exactly what it is that I should do. This time is rare and I'm going to enjoy it.
Creeping about the house as Simon takes a nap. Naps and this certain 3 year old don't mix. He prefers to fall asleep at the dinner table at 6pm instead. The other week Brian and I camped out in the car (in the garage) while Simon slept, the car gets him every time! Brian thought it was the best (first time in the front).
Sorting, organising and clearing clothes and drawers, inch by inch. Last season I didn't really clear out the kids stuff so things are overflowing and hard to manage. The smile on Brian's face when I showed him his newly organised clothing drawers was similar to the one at Luna Park. He did however mention that Daddy might not be happy with the labels (washi tape inside the drawer, we are all good!). Being organised, having space and maintaining tidy lift us so much.
Budgeting intensely. Our grocery account is looking very very sorry after taking some cash out (it's our only access to real money) for a school parent dinner, my second ever Gumtree purchase (a printer's drawer for Simon's cars) and a maiden voyage to Costco (I was sooo good, I promise!).
Smiling at the thought of Christmas approaching. A couple of weeks ago we were in the city and caught our first glimpse of Christmas in the stores. We did the (now traditional) photo next to your favourite tree in David Jones as a lady walked by and said something to the effect of "It's crazy how early it is isn't it?" It is, but bring it! The kids and I started thinking about Christmas over a month ago all around the same time for some reason, no words exchanged. Spread the magic!
Crossing everything for Kevin who is probably ear deep (knee deep isn't far enough) into his dissertation. It's been a long long road but it needs to end soon. He's giving it his all and as much faith that he might be losing we know he can do it. We have no idea what the other side of all this looks like. Kevin has to buy for my Mum in the family Christmas draw this year and the other day he asked me what I thought my Mum would like for Christmas. That thought is gift enough for me!
Noticing that the sales are awesome right now. It feels like everything we need/want is on sale now, right when we can't afford it. It's a pre-Christmas ploy isn't it? I'm watching.
Relishing in the 'now' with my kids. Simon, oh Simon. Perfectly 3. Tantrums; want of independence; helping with everything; running super fast; putting together the best sentences; observing and applying everything around him; big and little at the same time; still loving cuddles (thank goodness). Brian, there is only one. 6 going on 70, 16, 2 and 7 all at once. Loud; singing; dancing; living in technology land; reading chapter books and wanting so many more; making good clothing choices; enjoying time with friends (this melts me every time); dealing with worries like a pro; staying true; planning, creating and writing events and their associated paperwork all day long; smiling. Yes!



No comments:
Post a Comment