Friday, 27 June 2014

Brian | Master 6

Today my baby (as in my first) is 6!  Happy birthday Brian!
Real life
-  old, because I can't capture you in photos
and if I do you are in school uniform
-  Simon blurry because he's nuts
-  the two of you, together

  • You are 100% you, and anyone that knows you can see that.
  • I often see your days like a well scored movie.  There is always music playing to match all that you do.  You dance to it often.  You are loud with it, often.
  • You love to eat but aren't a sweet tooth, you have some self control in terms of volume for which I'm grateful.
  • School is your passion.  Today is a uniform free day and you have vowed to wear your uniform and are thoughtful enough to still want to donate a gold coin.
  • Your worries are a big struggle and we are dealing with them as best we can.  I smile on those days I see you do something I think would be uncharacteristic.  It shows how much I really need to read the book on you!
  • I value our one on one times.  Sometimes when Simon naps we play Monopoly, for hours.  It's fun and we need to connect like this more often.  (I'm making it a goal).
  • You love big celebrations, although not for you (unless it's family).
  • Your attention to detail is uncanny.  We can visit someone's house and when we get home you tell me the brand of fridge, what was on the their walls, probably what was on their calendar and why they had something in particular on their bench.  Detail crazy you are!  I bet we can harness this superpower for evil good. 
  • You are big on drama, being in charge and organising.
  • Writing is still a favourite activity.
  • You are still loving gym and seeing you rough house with some of the boys there makes my heart shine.  We celebrated a few milestones for you there this term.
  • Paula continues to teach you swimming.  Your confidence this year has blown us away and it's making you pretty awesome.  I'm so grateful for your school PE teacher who has given so much this year.  You better believe she's getting one fantastic gift come Christmas time.
  • The size of your home readers scares me, but the content means we can do them in one night.  Yay for interesting story lines.
  • You and Simon are brothers, both the good and the bad.  The good outweighs the bad and I love how you care for him and teach him and read to him and help him.
  • You rock the morning routine (as long as Peppa Pig or Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom isn't on) doing your clothes, hair, teeth, socks and shoes all by yourself.  
  • Buying clothes for you is getting harder.  You are getting more fussy, but that's OK.  I think I have your taste down pat and we have had a couple of high 5s over my purchases for you.
  • You have embraced my working at your school and I'm so incredibly grateful for that.  I'm doing it for us and our future and I'm happy you have worked through some initial worries.  You have never seen me at work so it's new for all of us.
  • Technology is one of your favourite areas.  Computers, ipads, tablets and soon your new Leap pad are all favourites.
  • You love to play outside too.  I feel sorry for the neighbours when you do as 'play' involves organising some event and announcing everything.  We didn't need a loud speaker or running starter gun at Simon's party because we had you!
  • Your name changes often.  Right now it's Master Brian.
Sometimes I think how hard it must be to be the first child.  We are navigating this world together and it's you we share all those uncharted waters with.  It also means we are so incredibly proud of you, often.

No comments:

Post a Comment