I'm still around, just doing much better at practising 'no guilt'. No guilt that I haven't documented our Christmas (one of my favourite times of year), no guilt that we went on holiday for 6 days and I took maybe 3 photos the entire time, no guilt that I have no first day of grade 1 photo (and really don't care) and no guilt that I didn't Farewell November or December despite that being something I am incredibly passionate about. My time has been split between the most important things that we have had going on (Christmas, having a second Christmas at our house in January, doing nothing for ages, school shopping, holiday prep, enjoying a holiday and finalising everything for school). It's been busy and nuts and somewhere in there downright horrible that we spent days in our pyjamas but I loved all of it. And I'm proud that I really don't have a niggling bit of guilt about not recording any of it.
Before we headed out on holiday Kevin declared it to be a no technology zone. I wasn't quite sure I could survive, I kind of got addicted to Temple Run 2 beforehand (that's another story) and how, oh how could I breathe when I wasn't connected to the world via email. No connection - I loved it. It was fantastic and I tried to, in small parts continue on with less technology when we returned. All that time on Facebook really has better uses I tell you. There comes the guilt again, what if I miss someones birthday or someones major life event. What if I miss out on that must read article or life changing inspiration. Yikes, I can't live on my own anymore.
In the past few days I've found myself again spending too much time just checking Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Feedly. Yesterday an insanely full to do list kept me focused. I crossed off all but two items and worked so fast and hard that my body hurt. I'm going to continue that because it worked and I enjoyed it. Connecting less online is something that I'm certainly going to have to work on during the year. I'm learning a lot about choosing where to best spend my time (both online and with other commitments). Listening to what feels right and what makes me happy (and what brings me down, consistently) are helping me make those decisions.
Love the fluid motion of life.

No comments:
Post a Comment