Wednesday, 20 March 2013

I Should Be Cooking Dinner ...

... but I miss writing.  Life is busy, good busy.

Here is a little of our lately:

  • I'm on the eve of receiving my Project Life kit for 2013 (Seafoam).  I'm bummed that I wasn't here when they tried to deliver it today, but I was preoccupied with something more important (which is tough to beat).
  • Today I got one of those 'there is something wrong' calls from my brother.  A work accident.  He shot himself in the leg with a nail gun.  Awesome.  He is fine and living it up with all the mod cons in hospital until tomorrow.  I hate scary, life is so precious things like this.  I think he may have played it down for me though, I am my Mum's daughter.
  • I can't believe Easter is nearly here.  It feels all back to front this year, not quite ready and wont be ready until it is upon us.  School changes things.  Not being at the shops changes things.
  • On Monday all my planets aligned and I walked to school to pick Brian up.  Previously I thought it was too far.  It wasn't easy, I'm not fit, but it was much easier than I had anticipated.  It meant that he walked home with me.  The 'are we there yet?'s started half way in.
  • Last Friday I let a blue tongued lizard into our garage, completely by accident.  I then spent the next several hours trying to get him out.  Safely and without stressing him.  And without touching him.  Completely not my thing.  In the end I got him out and I saw him each day for the next couple of days.  He has been here since before us.
The Blue Tongue a couple of weeks ago.  
    • Yesterday I was in the city to use up some massage vouchers Kevin got me for Christmas.  I used to love the city but yesterday I hated it.  The smoke (from cigarettes) is unbelievably bad.  The not knowing where things were and my expectations being let down got to me.  My bliss moments were using my second voucher (30 mins) while Simon was asleep and snoring next to me in the pram.  It was better than the relaxing music they were playing.  My other bliss moment was sneaking out to sushi with Kevin when we thought he had a meeting, some lovely, wonderful person postponed it to later in the day.  Simon loved it too, asking for another mini spring roll.  They always break their own food rules when they know it's not meant for them, don't they?!
    • Loving the school environment.  The community, the people, the chats, the 'every little achievement' of my school boy, the living.
    • I caught up with my Mummy friends last week.  So nice to feel human again.  I love the everyday I'm living but sometimes sharing it is good too.
    • Embracing little, little changes towards a healthier life.  Little, little bits of exercise here and there seem to be happening.  Thankful for that.
    • Mail from my parents for the boys arrived yesterday.  I thought the 'roadtrip' postage stamps they came with were very fitting.  They each loved getting their own postcard.  Some days I think it might be nice to send them something back if only I had an address for them, then I remember this little thing called email.
    • It's time to call my Nans again.  I seem to get this feeling every now and then.  Thinking a little schedule to call one per month would be nice.  Everyone needs to know they are loved and I think about them more than they probably know.
    • There is a lot of swimming for us this week.  Good busy.

    2 comments:

    1. When your little ones start school life gets even busier I've found, good busy but when it's time for holidays you definitely appreciate them I know I'm looking forward to ours. I have just one Nan alive but I call her every Thursday for our weekly chats even though I don't see her often it's nice to be able to catch up and hear what's going on with her, I really enjoy our chats each week. I hope you get all your Easter preparing done I got most of mine done today, still need to work out what to do for the class yet.....

      ReplyDelete
    2. Dear Brooke,
      Sometimes I worry about my beautiful daughter in-law because she reminds me of myself. Can I just say you are sooo beautiful, and my son is blessed to have you as his wife. I already saw for myself that you are an amazing mother and wife. The only thing I can truly share is "BELIEVE IN YOURSELF" I have soooooo much respect for all you do for your beautiful family....LOVE Marilyn ....HUGS

      ReplyDelete