![]() |
| Because I wont be sharing any pictures of Brian in his uniform on the blog, you get one of me on my first day in 1986, just turned 5. |
I haven't made a big deal about it here on the blog but life lately has been almost completely focused on getting a little boy ready for school. The stuff you need is nuts. His gigantic bag, the one that is so big he can barely carry it empty, I found out today is only just big enough to fit everything in. That's completely crazy.
Anyway he is there. All of his Kindy friends (about 8 altogether) are in the same class. No coincidence there, but boy does it make me happy. I had my fingers crossed that one friend in particular would be in his class - I looked for his name first up. We found out last Friday who his teacher would be. Not that it mattered and not that I knew really anything about the teachers but sometimes you just have a little hope. And our little hope/wish was granted. First impressions are that she is completely the opposite of his Kindy teacher (whom we loved!) but I think that's the next step, an exciting next step.
Last night I wrote a little Dear Brian letter. I'm writing this now and I'll write another Dear Brian letter in my journal tonight. I thought a 3 prong attack documenting this day was best. Yes, 100% dag.
There were no tears from either party. And no tantrums from Simon. Previous visits to school have unfortunately been all about him, today he (together with a few new techniques from myself) made it all about Brian. Hearing that little Simon voice say "bye Bian" was so darn cute.
We kept the morning simple. A few photos just before leaving and no camera at school. Doing my best to arrive on time (which I hope soon to forget, with young kids is near impossible) with not much waiting time. The waiting time is when nerves kick in. We did awesome. A few little changes in plan like the previous group morning tea doesn't actually happen on school days - whoops. Thankfully the banana we took to share could easily be slipped into Brian's lunchbox for his morning tea. I know I began to overload him when I added in that morning tea component of his lunchbox. He had the lunch (sandwich) and afternoon tea (two top compartments) sections all down pat.
When I left he didn't want to join in with activities. He doesn't usually with free play. He's an explorer. He went to each window and told me how we was going to explore each area when he was outside. And as he told me about the outside play area he lit up when he mentioned exploring the hills. He's excited today and I'm so happy for that. It's going to be big and it's going to be a process, but one that he's totally ready for. Being born only 3 days before the yearly cut off date (and only being born then because your Mummy was induced due to pre-eclampsia) kinda sucks. But we are in the better place to have options and make decisions than our friends who are just on the other side of the cut off date. And for Brian, right now this is the next step at the perfect time.

I will never forget your fist day, Brian more confidence than mum
ReplyDeleteI am sure he will settle in just fine. Big boy now!
ReplyDelete