It's amazing to think that I've been blogging longer than I've had kids (which feels like forever in a good way). 5 years is half my married life. All there, recorded. You know I didn't start out blogging with the intent of recording life, dare I admit I started out to get my cards out there just like everyone else. I'm happy I didn't stick with that original goal as I like the mix and the history that this blog holds for my family. And that's pretty special to me.
So, turning 5, what does that bring? A celebration of course! A lot of thought went into exactly how to celebrate this day. Sorry to say but I ruled out a giveaway. I wanted everyone to win, including myself. And I wanted to step out of my comfort zone. Lately I've been incredibly inspired by other blogs and I've come to realise just how much I learn from them and from the people that write them. So there I found the gift - knowledge.
Every Tuesday for the next 5 weeks I'll be bringing you a super special post by an equally super special guest blogger. The guest posts will cover a range of topics with the kind of tips that you store in your mind for life. Trust me, it's going to be good!
For now, have a piece of cake to celebrate and I'll see you on Tuesday for the very first 5th Birthday Celebration Post.
Happy Birthday Smaller Than A River!

Happy Blog Anniversary!!!Wow that's such a long time blogging, congratulations on your 5 years Brooke. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Kate M
ReplyDeleteSmaller than a river has grown from just a babbling Brooke
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BLOG ANNIVERSARY!!! How exciting for you and for us to know you!! I'm so glad you found me thru Ali's blog.
ReplyDeleteThanks for adding some extra special posts for us this month, it will be fun to meet your guests.
Last month was my 2nd anniversary and my plan was to do something special but couldn't with the computer issues I'm having.
Thank you for visiting my blog and always being so kind with your comments. They always make me smile!!
Happy February!!