Friday, 27 May 2011

2 Years & 11 Months

This was the "one week in underwear" celebration cookie and boy did he love it!

Yes, my little guy that I now have to call my big boy is one month shy of his 3rd birthday!

Here's where we are sitting:

  • 3 weeks and 2 days since we ditched nappies during the daytime (still have them at night and during naps).  The total stands at 2 accidents.  Pretty perfect I'd say!
  • Almost exactly 2 weeks since moving into a bed and not one fall.  Naps have been generally shorter and he still hasn't figured out he can get out of bed (or his bedroom) by himself.  The person that tells him will have some bad karma coming their way!
  • Brian's memory is incredible.  He will forget nothing!
  • He has started shortening his words (coming = comin).  I'm doing my best to improve this because it sounds absolutely terrible!
  • Brian is incredibly considerate.  He will still stop himself midway down a slide if someone hasn't quite made it off the end.  He says "be careful" when others are using scissors and he said "don't fall Pop" when my Dad was walking on the narrow side of the swimming pool.
  • The last two weeks at Playgroup have been wonderful.  No crying and/or clingyness.  Usually Brian would say "snuggles" and want to cuddle me for at least the first 30 minutes before warming up to play.  He's really starting to feel more comfortable there with his friends.
  • In saying that he's totally fine with adults.  I think he has a little boy crush on my brother's girlfriend!  Poor Nat.
  • Brian has both Kevin and my bad temper.  If he can't do something he shouts "I can't" and gets incredibly mad and frustrated.  He's started scrunching up his face and blowing through his nose when he doesn't get his own way.
  • He has to know what's coming up next.  What are we doing after my snack?  And if after his snack he's having a nap then he wants to know what we are doing after his nap, all before he's started his snack.  Brian certainly needs lots more activities to keep him entertained and I think a more rigid daily structure.
  • He loves TV.  ABC for Kids on 2 is king for him.  Although the other day he did say he would watch MasterChef with me.  It was an attempt to stay up late!
  • Often it feels like he's much older than "almost 3".  The stuff he says and the things he knows are fairly incredible.  He dobbed me into Kevin a couple of nights ago - "Mummy had a choc-o-late, and it's not for you Daddy".
  • Favourite toys right now are Play Doh, games (Guess Who, Connect 4), any new craft activity, Thomas Take and Play combined with his tools - usually the hammer to hammer down the track and Matchbox cars.
  • He still loves to sing and dance.
  • He has started to tell me if he doesn't like a particular food.  He enjoys sticking out his tongue and saying "yuk", but he's still made to eat it and he does. 
  • When we tuck him in at night he loves it when we basically lay on him as we cuddle him, nice big snuggles!
  • "I will" is a common phase.  As in "I will" do it instead of you doing it.
  • Last weekend was haircut number 4.  First time with the full on Barber treatment.  Paper around the neck, a few different types of clippers, spraying the hair, combing and cutting, baby powder and brush to finish off, oh and wax too.  He looked so gorgeous!
  • The "boyness" has really been coming out for a while now.  Brian loves cars, dinosaurs, watching the garbage man and touching the cocoon by the front door.  He started to demand "privacy" while on the toilet and he grins, then pushes the door closed.  I discovered, the day after it happened that in his "privacy" moment he had taken the full toilet roll off the holder, half dunked it in the toilet and put it back on the holder!  I think that was the first time I told him what he had done was disgusting!
This was our Royal Wedding Money Shot - I can't tell you how nuts he went staying up late (about 8pm).

No comments:

Post a Comment