![]() |
| Source: Hinkler Books |
Only the cover is blue and it's Written by Jeanne Willis & Illustrated by Mary Rees. (Not sure how that mix up happens?)
The story goes that Mum needed to go the Post Office and while she was at the counter paying, her friend Nola was looking through the book section and found the above beauty. The kicker is this excerpt:
... said his father, "he wants to be a computer wizard, like me, don't you son?"
"Well..." said Brian.
"Of course you do!" said his father. "I've spent an absolute mint on this new computer."
True to every word!
The story gets better. My Mum is currently visiting her Mum (my Nan) in Melbourne. Nan was really excited to pull out a book that she picked up especially for Brian. You guessed it, she had been to the Post Office too and discovered this book staring right at her!

the perfect book and line on Dad
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! I love the post office for all it's knick knack things!
ReplyDeleteAh! I absolutely just read that as "What do you want to be, brain?" And my first thought was "Brains can be different things?" and my second thought was "I think my brain would like to be a kidney".
ReplyDelete